LeMoyne, QC J4R 2L4
Three hours a week during which volunteer parents offer assistance, friendship and practical help to families with children aged 5 or under.
Premiers Pas / Home Start volunteers constitute the core of our organization. Volunteer visitors make themselves available to families once a week, for three hours. These volunteers either have children of their own or possess parental experience.
Home visits by volunteers aim to:
- Offer a reliable presence
- Share parental expériences
- Promote the pleasures of family life
- Help families help themselves
- Give parents a break
- Explain the availability of other community resources
Over and above precious support to families, volunteers also get involved in the operations of the organization.
Other volunteers get involved at different levels of the organization:
- Finance Committee
- Secretarial help
- Transportation of families
- Members of the Board.