LeMoyne, QC J4R 2L4
language stimulation workshops
(Only available in french)
In the last few years, we have discovered that families which we assist have a need for language stimulation.
Knowing that language problems directly affect school results, we would like to improve the communication skills of the children involved, before they attend school. By offering workshops at reasonable prices, we answer the needs of families experiencing difficulties and who do not have access to professional services.
Language stimulation workshops are set up for parents and their children aged 2 to 5 who experience difficulty communicating, with or without diagnostic. We believe it is important to provide tools to parents concerning language stimulation using simple exercises. Parents and children perform the exercises first with the instructor and then at home. In this way, parents develop pedagogical skills and help their child on a daily basis. The workshops are conducted over a 20 week period.
· Improving the communication skills and the self confidence of children.
· Allow the child to live a better integration in the school system, increase his/her chance of success and decrease the risk of dropping out.
· Help 9 underprivileged children in the first workshop session.
· Give children the tools to address communication problems.
· Promote positive attitudes of parents, so that they can pass them on to their children.
· Reassure parents regarding the development of their children.
· Develop a partnership with various professionals.
A few facts
Children experiencing language difficulties are more likely to develop social, behavioural and emotional problems, learning difficulties and anxiety, plus bad school performance. They represent 8% to 12% of preschool aged children.
Only available in French.